Make your own Stocking Stuffers - Doll Clothes
< Back to List of Homemade Stocking Stuffers
Make Doll Clothes and Accessories
If you like to sew, knit, or crochet, consider making doll clothes for your child. Some tips:
- Use existing doll clothes that you have as a "pattern" to make a similar outfit in a different fabric.
- Or, buy a doll pattern from Simplicity or another pattern company. Simplicity sells their doll patterns online at Simplicity.com. The price for the pattern is almost as much as some of the outfits, so it makes the most economical sense if you will use the pattern to make outfits for several dolls (daughter, niece, granddaughter, friends...).
- For a particularly frugal project, use the fabric from clothing that you might otherwise give to Goodwill (or recycle old sheets or curtains). You probably have a source of free fabric - just look around your home!
- Consider making accessories for your child's doll. A short string of white beads makes a miniature strand of pearls. Cover wire with ribbon and flowers to make a pretty headband. Use a small scrap of material and a hot glue gun to make a wee little doll purse or hat. Use your imagination!
- Have any leftover material from making your child's Halloween costume lying around? Consider making a miniature version of the costume for a doll.
- Take an example from American Girl: consider sewing matching dresses for your child and her doll. If you're a knitter, make them matching ponchos, hats, or scarves.